Hotel's travel advisory policy with COVID-19 (Corona Virus)updated June 22, 2020
WE ARE OPEN at 50% capacity as of today. That means we have more units and more nights to sell for your stay in Telluride. We are leaving 24 hours between each departure and next arrival to ensure each unit receives new COVID-19 cleaning processes. We have also unveiled our new grocery delivery service. We'll stock your refrigeration in your private unit with all of your favorite food & drink. Thank you for being flexible and understanding as we work together through re-opening of our hotel and community. Please remember to wear you mask in public spaces, practice physical distancing and wash your hands frequently. Watch this space and our social media outlets for updates throughout the summer.
updated June 15, 2020
WE ARE OPEN with 25% maximum capacity until later this month. We are closely following state and county orders as to how our hotel and community opens in the midst of the recent pandemic. We do not anticipate opening the View Bar & Grill for indoor seating this summer and are working to unveil an amazing summer pool deck experience with food & drink as soon as we are able. We do have a grocery delivery service available to in-house guests to pre-order food for your arrival or while on property. We require masks to be worn while in public spaces and social distancing remains a must. Our pool, two hot tubs, fitness center and steam room remain closed until further notice.
As of Friday, May 28th the San Miguel County released new orders for short term lodging which states that lodging in Telluride can reopen on Monday, June 1 at 25% occupancy. We'd like to remind our incoming visitors that we have placed many procedures and processes in place which means that many of our amenities such as our pool, hot tubs, steam room and exercise room remain closed even though we are reopening. We will also be offering a grocery delivery service in lieu of our restaurant The View Bar & Grill being closed for the summer. Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we persevere through this pandemic.
We are still currently closed but continue to monitor closely the restrictions and orders set by the state of Colorado and the San Miguel County as to when we will reopen but we are excited to welcome you back to Telluride to breath our fresh air and take in our beautiful scenery once we reopen. We will continue to keep our visitors updated with current information here. We do intend to take a conservative approach to reopening our lodge in order to provide the safest environment possible for our employees and guests. Please know that the health and safety of our community, staff, and guests remains our top priority.
Front Desk & Lobby:
- New procedures will greatly reduce guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process.
- The main lodge will remain closed throughout June and possibly later, depending on COVID-19 orders set by San Miguel County.
- The onsite fitness room & steam room will be closed until further notice.
- The pool and hot tubs will be closed until we receive further direction from San Miguel County.
- When allowed to open, public area amenities such as our fitness room, hot tub, swimming pool and meeting rooms will receive additional sanitizing aligned with the most recent COVID-19 sanitizing recommendations.
Hotel Staff Protocols:
- Hotel staff will follow strict CDC guidelines, using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), along with frequent hand-washing protocols.
- Employee workstations and work areas will be cleaned and sanitized during and after every shift.
- Employees will be educated to stay home if unwell and communicate their possible exposure to COVID-19 with management.
- All associates will be temperature tested upon arriving for their shift.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for guests and employees. Additional hand sanitizer stations are being added to all building entrances and other public areas.
- New cleaning protocols have been implemented in all guest rooms, condominiums and cabins. After check out, units will remain unoccupied for a minimum of 24 hours after a guest departs. Once cleaning begins, the entire guest space will be cleaned with CDC approved chemicals aimed at eliminating COVID-19.
- Housekeeping staff will wear both gloves and a mask and will only enter units upon departure. We will provide/deliver additional sheets, towels, bathroom amenities, coffee and trash pick-up upon request.
- We will reduce exposure-points in all units by removing unnecessary items, such as decorative pillows, bed throws, compendiums, paper notepads and pens.
The View Bar & Grill:
The View Bar and Grill will be closed, however we will be offering grocery delivery services prior to arrival and throughout your stay. An updated grocery list and pre-order procedures will be available soon. We highly recommend reserving one of our suites, condominiums or luxury homes/cabins with full kitchens to help provide greater convenience during the uncertain restaurant orders that will remain in effect throughout the summer.
We pride ourselves in providing clean, well-maintained accommodations for everyone to enjoy. We acknowledge that hygiene and cleanliness are the single most important priorities in creating a safe and comfortable guest experience during these uncertain times.
When the time comes, the Mountain Lodge Telluride will provide the perfect retreat for you to enjoy and unwind with true peace of mind.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
For up-to-date COVID-19 county restrictions please visit: www.sanmiguelcountyco.gov/590/Coronavirus
The Team at Mountain Lodge Telluride
Currently our lodge is closed until further notice but we are taking reservations for the summer months with a full refund 7 days in advance of the first date of stay through October, 50% due at the time of booking.
On March 16, 2020 The San Miguel County Board of County Commissioners declared a state of emergency, specifically a "local disaster emergency," and issued two Public Health Orders due to the impact Covid-19 (coronavirus) is having in our county. In the declaration, two new public health orders were issued:
1) Effective immediately Public gatherings are restricted to no more than 10 persons.
2) Effective 3pm, March 16, 2020 all businesses serving food and/or beverages (restaurants, bars) are ordered temporarily closed.
"In making this declaration, we help free up resources, staff, and have access to essential funds at the federal and state level to deal with this public health challenge, a challenge we have never faced before," County Commissioner and Chair, Board of Health Hilary Cooper said.
The Mountain Lodge Telluride has closed The View Bar & Grill, effective March 16, 2020 at 3pm, to honor the San Miguel County's health orders and will be closed for the remainder of the season. Please refer to our website or our social media pages on Facebook and Instagram for regular updates. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time as we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
-Mountain Lodge Telluride
We are following the up-to-date information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (link this to https://www.cdc.gov) and World Health Organization (WHO), and are taking precautions to protect the health of every one of our visitors.