Experience Via Ferrata with Mountain TripFor a breathtaking, unique adventure, look no further than Telluride's Via Ferrata. The route precariously traverses rock faces up to 600 feet above the forest below, exhilaratingly exposed in sections that would be impassable without the steel cables and scattered steel holds along the way.
The Telluride Via Ferrata provides unmatched views of Bridal Veil Falls (the highest free-falling waterfall in Colorado), the Town of Telluride in the distance, and the surrounding peaks of the picturesque San Juan mountains.
Book below to add your guided trip to your room reservation. The trip will be led by industry partner Mountain Trip, a locally owned and operated professional guiding service. Mountain Trip will provide a helmet, harness, and gear needed for the tour. The package cost is $155 per person and based on the number of people listed on your reservation.
Transportation is provided by Mountain Trip and you will be picked up at the Mountain Lodge and transported to the Via Ferrata trailhead, where you will experience a truly unique alpine adventure high above Telluride.
Please note the following items to prepare for your trip:
- You will need sturdy hiking shoes or boots with good tread for the hike.
- You should bring sunglasses, sunscreen, snacks and water.
- This hike is not a good fit for people with a fear of heights.
- Normal departure time for the trip is 8 am but this can be adjusted if needed.
- You will be led on the Via by an experienced Mountain Guide.
- The hike will be a group trip with up to 8 people on your hike. (Private Trips available on request)
- A guide from Mountain Trip will contact you the day prior to your trip to confirm details.
The Via Ferrata trips are subject to availability and dependent on weather conditions and trail conditions at the time of your hike. Please note that the trailhead does not normally open until June so this trip may be unavailable during spring or early summer due to snow conditions.
If you have questions about the Via Ferrata hike or would like additional information please call Mountain Trip at 970-369-1153.